Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Little Sister




Can't believe you're already 10 Kissy-bug. How did you get so big and grown up so fast! I remember the morning you were born. I was sooo excited to finally get to meet you. Unfortunately, I had to work the day you were born, my boss wouldn't let me off . So almost everyone got to hold you before I did. When you finally came home from the hospital, I took you to my room and we snuggled for a really long time. I marveled at how perfect you were...all 10 of your little fingers and toes. Your little nose and lips and your grey eyes. I couldn't believe that I had such a little sister. Being almost 21 years older than you, you could have passed for mine! (And some people did think that you were mine!) I love you so much little one. I'm truly sorry that we've always been stationed so far away from you, because I sure would love to be closer so that I could watch you grow up in person. I know that I'm always the big sister that lives so far away, but I'm always here for you and I love you dearly. You hold your own special place in my heart. Don't grow up too fast, enjoy being 10! I hope you have an amazing birthday filled with fun, smiles, laughter, and a few presents -of course! We all send you our love. And Morgan is ecstatic that it's your birthday! Happy 10th birthday, Carissa!



No comments: