Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just a quick thought...

as I finish cleaning up the kitchen and then move onto getting my little one ready for bed. I wonder how many times a day I repeat myself when I'm talking to my daughter, not because I'm not clear, but because she's not really listening. I think/know that we as parents, especially moms feel like a broken record just on repeat all through the day.... "please eat your food... come on let's get ready, so we can get to school on time....pick up your clothes and put them away...use your manners... open your ears so you can hear what I'm saying!!!!.....and the list goes on!!! I have to be truly honest - I really get tired of it...it's exhausting and exasperating to say the least. In the end you hope at least some of what you're saying get's through and that they'll eventually learn to listen and obey a little better, because I know as a parent I want what's best for my Morgan. I want her to be a pleasant, well-mannered, happy child, along with a whole lot more for her life.
Then I thought, exactly how many times does God get exasperated with me throughout the day, because I'm not listening to Him. How many times am I too busy with life and my own plans that my hearing falls short....it's like I'm going lalalalalalalala.....so not listening God. And yet He never gives up on me, never throws His hands in the air and throws in the towel. He's sees my life from start to finish and knows what He has in store for me. He has great plans for me, plans for me to prosper...and yet I'm so determined to do it my own way, no matter how many times He repeats Himself to me. So this evening, I'm a little humbled to be a parent. I'm going to try to be a little gentler in my tone when I'm repeating myself for the umpteenth time with Morgan. And yes I'll fail at it, but to know that my heavenly Father doesn't ever quit, gives me some encouragement for the night.......and now onto to Morgan's bedtime routine. Goodnight!

No comments: